Tuesday, October 11, 2011

IFB Project #16: translates to loving Japanese Cosmetic brands

Just started IFB Project #16: Morning Makeup Routine of the Independent Fashion Bloggers, which just translates to loving Japanese Cosmetics brands. Unfortunately, I'm a low-blood pressure demon in the mornings. But if you live in Tokyo they somehow know that you're being lazy with the morning makeup routine and pressure you into a full one hour of essentials. This is no make-up tutorial since I think I'm pretty clueless at it.

Mika Ninagawa for Shu Uemura "Sakura Collection"

While I do try keep a balance of Japanese and western cosmetics, I do think, for me, Japanese brands do better on my scorecard. I'm fascinated with the Mika Ninagawa for Shu Uemura "Sakura Collection". In an interview with the prolific photographer, Mika Ninagawa explains that sakura a.k.a. cherry blossoms is her favorite flower and how she hopes the customers would be amazed to see how the products turned out.


The makeup routine basically starts with skin care essentials that involves using the full line of Shu Uemura red:juvenus. Luckily, I just posted about it last week in Youth in a bottle. I just think its never too early to start your own skin care routine. First of all, Japanese base makeup is just flawless. I use the shu uemura mousse base and powder foundation. My makeup favorites includes the Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Mine in better than tan, a unisex bronzer.


Right now, I'm sticking with brown eye make-up. I mostly use KATE, Lavshuca of Kanebo's darker, edgier sister brand. Other than that I'm still using the MAC Antiquitease collection.

x

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment